Friday, November 14, 2008

4 month celebration

Early in the morning, I went to the market to buy the chicken drumsticks, minced pork for her mee sua. Already bought the biscuits. This time couldn't get hold of the Taiwan brand so I bought danish cookies (which have holes for me to make necklace) and Marie biscuits (loosely translate as Money in chinese so hope she have plentiful of $$. haha




Then I went to cake shop and bought a lovely pink cake for her.


Was arranging the items before my mum arrive.



Then mum arrive with Deon and we start the celebration. Gemma sat on the bumbo. She is quite firm now, though at times we still need to support her neck.



Then I let Gemma wear the necklace. I then start to say good words like got many food to eat, don't keep salivating. It is a hokkein tradition which my elder son also follow so I did it for her as well. Just hope the biscuits work! haha cos the taiwan ones work for Jasper it seem!

After that, my mum feed her with mee sua. She finds the smell funny and give a awkward look but she open her mouth.
Next, is the two drumsticks. Then everyone sing a mini birthday song for her... haha actually is not her bd, but nephew wanted to sing so sing lor. We proceeded to blow and cut cake. Everyone is happy and the celebration ended. My mum gave a big ang pow to her for luck.




After lunch, we bid farewell to my mum and Deon and we went to my friend Winnie's house. She also had a kid same year as my boy so decided to let them play together. She is now pregnant and delivering in Jan.

When we reached there, it was drizzling but we still went for a short swim with the kids. Ethan and Jasper didn't really play together but at least they enjoy themselves.

Back home, I took photos of Gemma again cos it her 4 mth so must have many photos for memory :)

No comments: